Monday, November 18, 2013

Gratitude

This morning I give thanks for waking up and witnessing this beautiful day
I am thankful for an incredibly memorable weekend with my family
I am thankful for my son turning sixteen
For Agape and my spiritual community there
For lying in bed with my mother watching a movie and falling asleep before it was over
I am thankful for being back home in Los Angeles this morning
For spending time in conversation about race with my family after the movie 12 years a slave
I am thankful for the tears and the laughter we shared together
For friends
I am thankful for Nspire being out of the hospital
I am thankful for a moment
This moment to breathe
I am thankful for my son
I am thankful for a safe journey on roads this weekend
I am thankful for protection, guidance and love

No comments:

Post a Comment