Thursday, November 21, 2013

NaNoWriMo - day 21 - Great things

I was having waiting at the bus stop at the same time conversation with an elderly black man this morning who was sitting on his walker who said to me, "This rain done let up but it look like it's gonna start back again." And I replied," Yes it does. You be careful out there." Then he said, "Oh, I'm gonna be all right, I got family out there."

I thought about that. I wasn't suggesting that he didn't have family or was literally out there. His response had me think and send prayers out to people who don't have a place to go or "family out there." I give great thanks for my friends and family. I give praise for a place to live and food. Things that many of us can take for granted during this time and all time.


No comments:

Post a Comment