Thursday, November 7, 2013

A poem a day for 2013 - day 310 - Good. And.

I am thankful this morning
Even still
Still I am thankful
There is news
So much news about murdered children
Brown faces
Bodies missing
I will be thankful this morning
I will
Still
I will hold on
For the mother
The father
Who cannot today
I will lift my head
Will spread my arms
And still my heart
I will bare feet in grass
Breathe in new air
Renisha McBride
Renisha McBride
I will whisper her name on my walk
I will pray strength for her family
Detroit
Murdered
Car accident
Dead cell phone battery
White neighborhood
She knocked on a door for help
Was shot in the head
It is too early for my heart to break
In this many ways
There is good in the world
Haven't you heard that before
Haven't I said that before
There are flowers
There is still ocean and moon
There is good in the world
There are things and people to be thankful for
And there is this too

No comments:

Post a Comment