Monday, February 4, 2019

Young. Restless. Suicide.

I found out in class tonight that Kristof f St. John, the black actor from Young and the Restless as well as other shows, killed himself. His body was found this morning. It was said that he was still grieving the loss of his son who died by suicide years ago while he was in a mental facility. This hit really hard. I don't know why it touched me the way it did, but it did.

After the classes complete separately we come together to hear the guest lecturer. Tonight was Dennis Cruz
He's an amazing poet and he talked about his mother's suicide. On top of this one of the students in the fiction class is writing a book called Suicide Notes. This was a lot of suicide talk for me for one day. A lot.

In other news, I work with my favorite client tomorrow. I pray we have a good day.

I hope you're taking care of yourselves.

Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment