Saturday, February 9, 2019

Pomona. Uraeus. Lives.

Saturday, February 9, 2019 7:08pm. Pomona. Home.

Today my son walked to work. It's a very short walk but he takes a short cut through a very short alley nonetheless. I don't care how short the alley is. An alley is an alley as far as I'm concerned.

As he was walking I thought about Liam Neeson's remarks the other day. His friend had been raped by a black man and so he, Liam, star of Taken and other action films, took to the street and was going to have a go at it with any black man.

And they wonder why we fear for our lives and the lives of our children and loved ones. Liam is not the first to scowl the streets looking for a black man,  or wan. Police do it, neighbors do it. It's a thing.

Thankfully my son is safe and at home. But how many aren't? I can't go a day without seeing a missing black person ony Facebook timeline. I pray for all of us. That means all of us. May we grow to be better humans to each other. Anday someone tell Liam Neeson's old white self that he is probably lucky he didn't find someone to fight because he may have gotten his old ass kicked


No comments:

Post a Comment