Sunday, February 3, 2019

Pomona. Rain Wilson. Defiance.

Sunday, February 3, 2019 9:05pm. Pomona. Home.

Last night I went to L.A. to see Rain Wilson's play I Feed You Defiance. Rain is a friend but I don't speak as her friend when I describe her incredible ability to speak and give life to words and our stories. I'm a fan.
A big one. Defiance was a play about six or seven women giving advice and expressing love to their black and brown sons in this day and age where the police or world don't seem to give a damn about them. There were tears and triggers everywhere. I'm so glad I caught it last night. The theater was packed. They even had to put chairs on stage. I'm also glad I caught it last night because Rain left today. So I was able to get my hug in.

I slept most of today. I'm reading Wednesday at The Stage for Conney's feature so I thought about what piece I'm going to do for that. Even thinking about writing a new one. Other than that I didn't do much.

The Rams lost the Superbowl if you care anything about that. I don't really
Although it would have been nice to see L.A. win, I'm cool.

I took my meds and I'm already sleepy. I hope you are well.

Love yourselves.







No comments:

Post a Comment