Monday, January 14, 2013

A poem a day for 2013 - day 14 - My name is

I am a camera a phone
I am extra strength Tylenol 
And Tom's toothpaste
If I am what I carry around

I always carry a big bag
Even on days my back aches
I tote my things
With fortitude I will never be given credit
I like stuff with me

I am a bill from Memorial Hospital
From Department of Water and Power
And a parking ticket

The pith of my point
I carry things
I owe people

A flyer for a woman's yoga and meditation workshop
I may or may not attend
Passport, drivers license, triple A card 
You never know
Thirty-six dollars and ninety-four cents

My bag is emblematic of my story

Keys to unlock my home 
My mother's home 
My car
Savings cards to Rite Aid, Ralph's and CVS

Money makers in collusion, I believe, to de thirty-six dollars me

Sage spray
Water bottle
Pink makeup bag 
Eyeshadow with five shades of green
Three tubes of lipgloss
Pinkish redish blush
Carmex, blackberry lipstick and Avon Skin So Soft lotion

I get ashy
A lot
Judge yourself

Sunglasses 
A Tracy Chapman cd case
An iPad 
A phone charger
iPad charger

Erykah's implication in Bag Lady 
Is no fallacy

Body spray
An ink pen from Pico Union Pawnshop
Toothbrush
Random receipts
And my seven day medicine case with 
B-12
Magnesium
St. John's wort
Fish oil and iron

And an orange
You never know

1 comment: