Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A poem a day for 2013 - day 29 - My wrapped arms 'round me

I will laugh today
As much as I can
I will find clown faces and swinging children in the clouds
Create dialogue between the ducks and butterflies
My lungs will fill with all this good today air
With voices that mean me love
Faces I call friend
I will release easy and slow
Because yesterday did not swallow me whole
It did not rip its teeth into my neck 
And tear through my guts
As it tried
I am here
Touching my own live flesh 
With these ashy hands
Dry from rubbing salt from my blood
Today I will sop up all that good sun good moon
Lick fingers 
Smack lips
Yesterday does not have me
None of the yesterdays have me
This moment does not have me
Today does not have me
I have me
I have me

No comments:

Post a Comment