Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A poem a day for 2013 - day 365 - This last day of the year

I honor myself today
For showing up as my word and committing to words
Every day words and stories
Poetry and songs
Every day
I give thanks for my community of artists
Of free thinkers and out of the boxers
I give thanks for family
For my son
For the sun
For friends who lift my spirit
Who hold my hand and carry me cross sea
Through valley and fire and fun
I honor myself for standing
For fighting for my life
For creating my way in the face of discomfort
I give thanks for all of who I am
For everything about me that is loving and kind
Is generous and forgiving
Is beautiful and calm
Is angry and incomplete
Broken and working on myself
I am thankful for everything I am not
I give thanks for my hands
My feet
My voice and arms
My heart and legs
I am thankful
I am thankful for this year
Every single day this year
Every tear and moment of joy
I am thankful for it all


No comments:

Post a Comment