Thursday, November 14, 2019

Dear Uraeus

I wish you a love that will reach into you
A love that longs to know you deeper than the dark of your dreams
I wish you a hand to hold
A fist that will break through generations of curses and spells
I wish you feet that will walk through mud
A smile to lighten your brickiest day
My love, may you know arms that embrace you so squeeze the most golden pieces of you shine through to brighten both your paths
You deserve a love you cannot spell
Cannot define
Cannot say out loud
A love you will know when you taste it
May your love cherish the sound of your laughter
Your licorice skin and magnet heart you pull out all the good stories
I wish you good stories
Good touches
Good whispers
Good secrets in the dark and early of day
I wish you day
Plenty of days
Plenty of time to water good dreams
I wish you dreams, Uraeus
Dreams that change the world we know
I wish that you know
That you hold and care and heal and create
Create air and space
Create good
Create a you
Like you

No comments:

Post a Comment