Friday, November 29, 2019

Pistol

when the cop pulled up next to me at the light i looked over at him / next thing i knew / lights flashed behind me / is my tail light out officer / what i do wrong sir / he said i looked at him at the light / looked at you / he said my eye contact made me suspicious / i am a suspicious black woman driving alone at night / my brown eyes looking into his blues / so glad i didn't smile and show my teeth / glad i didn't wave / might have thought i was raising a power fist / a weapon / might have thought i was a terrorist / don't know why i didn't know better / who i think i am / looking at a white man / a cop no less / ain't i got no better sense / ain't i learned nothing from n.w.a. / don't i watch the news / don't i know this body of mine / a threat

No comments:

Post a Comment