Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Sisters

Nailah Porter and Tchise Aje, I just want to publically say that I think the WORLD of you women. The way you enough me when I feel a bother to the world. The space you make for me in your listening. Way you sister me the days I feel most alone. You family me. You give me feeling when I would rather go numb inside. You laugh with me and hold tomorrow for me when today is too big for my carry. Thank you. For this next deep breath. For the dare to dream a future bigger than I know. For hands to hold. For the best ever greens and cornbread. Thank you. For the words you say to my face and the ones you speak behind my back. Thank you. For this got back. For being the safest place to land. Thank you for being exhausted Black women knowing another. Thank you. Thank you. For all the ways you are beautiful. Anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment