Thursday, February 9, 2012

Facebook conversation


Gimel: Yeaaaaaah I like this one.

Thought: Malcolm is thinking trying to prevent himself from getting angry, Barack is holding up his face flabbergasted and Martin is thinking trying to keep his cool, even though inside he appears to be seething. I need to learn how to photoshop, I would have Hannibal on one side and Chaka Zulu on the other

Ice: It is very disrespectful to put a politician who is about himself and wasn't even socialized in Black culture, in the same regard as 2 men who sacrificed their lives for the betterment of their people.

Gimel: This photo is about three black men who rose to prominence in American history. Barack Obama is our nations first black president and it is always the first through the wall to bleed the most. Don't make it personal brother, IcePick.

Ice: ‎@GH. Not takin' it personal. Here we have 2 men who were in the streets with the common everyday people, who grew up in Black households/communities, and fought for their people to have better living conditions.

Then there's another man who was socialized as a krakkah & took an oath to serve amerikkka, NOT for Black people.

U R still sayin' 'our nation', so U R showin' were ur mindset is @, cuz U think U've made it!

Gimel: @Icepick - Once again, you are making the wrong argument, brutha. President Obama is Dr King and Brother Malcolm's dream realized. Rather you like his stance on politics or not. I have my beefs with American politics and economic structure, as I'm sure you do. However, this is where I live and I will continue to make my brothers dream realized on the front of freedom, justice and equality as they did. President Obama is an elected official. If you are saying that he had to grow up in the mean streets of Chicago to get credit as a black man, that is the wrong argument. He is the president of the United States. He can't just be for black people. Dr King was not only for black people. He was for EQUALITY. "I dream of a world where little black boys and little white girls can hold hands..." - Dr King

Melanie: Amen Gimel. I don't like the whole Obama is not black enough meme. If he wasn't claiming his blackness, then people would be up in arms about that.

Ice: @gh- Just because U can't don't have any clarity regardin' my post doesn't mean that I am wrong.

U R talkin' about a lecture King delivered in 1963, which wasn't even called 'I Have A Dream'. The media designated it as such. By the time King made his transition in '68 his views were changin' on certain fronts.

It's not about where O-bomba grew up, he came out of a caucasoid's pu$$y & was nurtured by them.

King didn't grow up in the 'hood, yet he was a very couageous man who did what he felt was right, in order to obtain his goals. King was socialized by a Black family & community.

U need to stop tryin' to read into my posts so much bruthah, cuz ur assessment has been way off.

Just cuz U wanna assimilate with the oppressors doesn't mean everyone else feelz the same way, bruthah.

Melanie: so anyone with a white mother and a black father is not culturally black....unless this person grew up in the hood. what about if he mother was black and his father white?

Gimel: @IcePick I didn't say you were wrong. I disagree with your argument, which as men I have a right to do, as you do. As for reading into things, I'm going by your words in conjunction with tis photo. You clearly don't know me, because your assimilation with the oppressor comment is way off base. I love my people and I defend my people rather the grew with white's or wolfs. My allegiance to blackness asks me to uplift and empower us to a place of prominence and leadership. Whereas you have decide to take shots at myself and the president because we don't share your view on where Black America should be headed. I love you though. But like I said before, you have chosen the wrong argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment