Thursday, April 11, 2019

Body

My head is hot sun
My fingers are still waters
My stomach the grand canyon
It's a miracle at all I parked this car

My feet are the the ocean
My hands palm trees
My hair the L.A. River
How was I ever born

He asked my name
I said I don't know
But I think I'm a poet
Born of some kind of God

He said impossible
I said how else could you explain
The world between my ears
Fish and flowers and fruit in my toes

He asked when I was born and
How I live in a body

I said I don't know
I could only ask God
About the mystery she makes
Like how my hands sound like war when they clap
My voice sounds like birds when it sings
I said I don't know
I don't know
Like when I look into the mirror
The whole world is looking backing at me
Even the whales even the devil
Even the blooming flowers
The waving butterflies
I would think this a dream if I didn't know better
Or so me horror movie
If only I believed

But this is my body
I am the week of creation
I am the big bang
Whichever you believe

Call me what you will
But believe it or not
Know that I am real

1 comment: