Saturday, July 25, 2020

1. FOR LOVE 2. JEANS. WRITTEN POEMS. 11" x 15" $20. PayPal jahazainabu@gmail.com, Zelle jahazainabu@gmail.com, cash app $JahasArt, Venmo JahasArt

For love

I will be for love today / living just one life through many incarnations / and the sanctified souls who hold my head / will not ever allow me to forget / the lessons of my past / but when I don't remember / and am pulled into the drama / of my bygone / the great grandmother of my angel / a crackeled blackblue spirit / gently sticks me with her crown / and I scream ouch / don't poke me like that / I will lay my blues to rest today / swear never pick them up again / except to remind tomorrow / the hours that I fell / how I got this scar / and why some / say all the right words / graduate from all the right schools / but only get so far / from today / not the contents of my wallet / or weight / not my relationship status or work / my circumstances shall not decide my worth / I am flawless / gaining understanding new / on my journey at every turn / I began in the mind of God / who is beginningless / I too am without a start / the angels in heaven / the stars in the sky know it's true / if you don't too / then you are in the few because I am all right with me / with freckles / thick thighs / nappy hair and big feet / and the grown woman way my breasts hang and booty pokes a little / I am more than woman / more than stories and poems / than black and painter / I am more than water and daughter / I am not just chest and blood / and bones and flesh / I am that I am / as all of you are me too / and I am you / so what is it to be Christian or Catholic / Jewish or Muslim / Science of Mind or Baha'i / it doesn't even matter / that some do not recognize the awesome outstanding of the Most High / my religion is love / so don't ask me what I am / it should only be important to you / that I exist at all / so I ask / if all the things around you should quickly fade away / who would you believe in / what would you stand for / today

2. Jeans

There comes a point in a woman's life / when we stop to ponder yesterday / the transformation from then to now / the people we've met / and been along the way / the prompt of the musing comes in an array of fashion / an old photograph / a familiar scent / or the recent exodus of a lover whose footprints led us to the father whose humanity broke our hearts first / spring cleaning is when it happens to me / when I finally give those favorite pair of jeans / fashionably faded perfectly at the knee / to the local Goodwill / Salvation Army or my favorite niece / this time I will not convince myself / that one day they will fit again / or that I will suffer to commute myself / to the woman bygone again / these jeans will not ever kiss these lips or hug these cheeks again / and the beauty finally / is that I don't want them anymore / they are not quite big enough / to hold the woman I am today / these jeans belong to a girl / whose favorite song had more to do with / how she could move to the bass / than what she could learn from the lyrics / and she wore them well / model thin with flawless skin / a good girl who compromised until sacrifice became her addiction / I am not so flexible / these are her jeans / they don't quite fit me / not anymore 

No comments:

Post a Comment