Sunday, February 10, 2013

A poem a day for 2013 - day 41 - A poem for D.W.

I will be bold enough to 
Say I understand
Because I do
Sister, I do
I know too well the 
Hairy reaching arms
And gooey spiky fingers
That poke and pull me to my lowest
The hammer feet that
Stomp when my
Head is on the ground
The voices, the gargly voices
That spit my name like nothing
I know what the valleys feel like
And I cannot talk you out of them
And I will always try
I do not have a pill for you to take
Or one word that I could say
I am here though
I am right here
Awake at your call
At any hour of the night
When the voices lie
And tell you you have no one
I pray you strength to recognize 
The truth
I am here, my friend
I will comb your hair
Or stare at the wall with you
Breathe on the phone
Or listen to you cry
There is no way you have to be with me
Just promise me, love
Please promise me your call

No comments:

Post a Comment