Sunday, February 24, 2013

A poem a day for 2013 - day 55 - Because me

Today I will be quiet
Watch birds come to my feet
For bread
For song
I will create new ways to love myself
Ways I did not practice before
I have spent my life 
Either bending my back
Or apologizing for it being straight
I am not sorry anymore
For anything
I have spent all my sorrys
My belly runneth over 
Of words I swallowed
Because of your bad day
Your bad days 
Will no longer come before
My prayers
My eggs in the morning
My feet in the sand
I may not have time for you anymore
Whoever you are
I don't have lies for you anymore
About why I can't take your call
Listen about your life
Care about your woe
I have spent my lies and my cares
From now on
I simply
Don't want to
And I like the sound of that
Just fine

No comments:

Post a Comment