Thursday, February 21, 2013

A poem a day for 2013 - day 52 - Rhythm me to sleep with all of your drum, your jazz, your be (to be heard with upright bass, jimbe, smoky room, kiss and gin)

Give me red
Blues
Give me arms around my shoulders
Thump
Thump
Thump thump
I need orange 
Purple in my life
Give me space
Give me with you
But away
Every now and again
A bass to play
A song to sing
Give me simple words to say
Snap
Snap
Give me voice
Stare
Breath to release
Give me easy
Spin
More
Slow
Give me be
Give me motion
Hips
Moan
Noise
Prayer
Sun
Grown
Clap clap
Give me touch
Speak warm to my afraid
Dream 
Time
Surprise
Give me sleep
Wake me
Water
Stomp
Stomp
Stomp stomp
Give me sweaters
Too long sleeves
Stretched
Cotton
Give me words
That never end
Whistle
Whistle
Until I am
All
The
Way
Home

No comments:

Post a Comment