Thursday, February 7, 2013

Good night / Are you playing or pointing?

12:08am. Home. So actually it's not really good night but good morning, but you know what I mean.

I had a good night tonight and good day today. Thank You, God. I went to the World Stage and had great conversations and heard some really good poetry. V. Kali was my favorite tonight. Love her words. Especially tonight, err last night (after midnight and all). Oh, before I went to hear poetry tonight I went to my neice's basketball game. They won like 55 to 5 or something like that. Seriously, I'm not off more than few points if I'm off at all. Big ups to the other team for staying in the game. I was really glad to see that. They were good sports. That's life. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. But you showed up and played is what counts. Go girls!

I've said this before and I'll say it again, I believe there are two kinds of people in the world: 1. Those who play the game and 2. Those who sit back and talk about the people who play the game. Of course I'm not talking about basketball here. I'm talking about life.

Dear guy in the stands ragging on the girls losing the game: What are you doing to put yourself out into the world that says "Hey world, this is me and this is what I love doing. Sometimes I will be great and other times I won't be, but I will always powerfully show up whether you laugh at me or love me"?

Go ahead, answer. I'll wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment