Thursday, February 7, 2013

Switching it up

8:24pm. Home.

I give so much energy on my blog about my down days and on my good days I say one liners like "I had a good day" and that's it. I'm switching it up. There is a line in a poem I wrote a forever ago where I said "the bruises hurt worse than the roses smell good" and while sometimes that feels true, it doesn't have to be. I still get to say. I still get to choose how wonderful I am going to be in any moment. That doesn't mean I'm going to stop talking about days when I hurt, but it does mean I'm going to put much greater energy into the poetry and the nowness of my good days. No matter how boring they may seem to you. It's my party and I'll smile if I want to. Smile if I want to.

Enjoy your night. I intend to.

No comments:

Post a Comment