Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Good night

12:58am. Home.

This is the hard part. This getting my hyper mind to quiet down and just go to sleep. Go to bed. Be still. Be quiet. I'm up! Up up! I could run around the block right now. If I could run around the block that is. So I doodle. I write. I edit poems. I make lists. I'm into lists. Lists of words, story ideas, things I want, names of characters. Lists.

I went to Da Poetry Lounge tonight. Loved it. Loved seeing old friends. Sekou was there tonight. So was Myda. And Mr. Foster too. Loved seeing all of them.

My brain is jumping around a million places. I'm in the living room on the couch writing these whatever words because I'm so incredibly antsy right now and don't want to disturb Love. I haven't taken anything to sleep in a long time but tonight I took two Benadryls. Why? Because I know I should be sleepy and my brain is flip floppy and I have to get up early in the morning.

I'm just gonna go to bed and force myself to shut the hell up. This entry is dumb. I'm gonna wake up in the morning and wonder what the fuck I was thinking about. I'm not even drunk. Haven't had a drink since Christmas. So there.

I'm gonna play spelling games to go to sleep. I hate games to go to sleep.

Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment