Thursday, February 21, 2013

My dad

C: When did your father die?

Me: My father died in 2009. (pause) My father died yesterday.

C: Yesterday was the anniversary of his death?

Me: No.

C: Oh, that's what it feels like.

Me: Yeah. Like that. My father used to tell me the best stories and say the most off stuff. I knew I could tell him anything. One time he told me, he said, "Don't nevah be afraid to talk to me. You a grown woman an' I ain't gon judge you about nothin' but I'm still yo father and I'm always gon protect you. If you call me in the middle of the night and tell me that you don had sex wif eighteen men 'cause you wanted to, but then one mo had sex wif you that you didn't want, and you told him no, then I ain't gon judge you 'cause you did what you wanted to do. But I'm comin' after that nineteenth mothafucka."

No comments:

Post a Comment