Monday, July 29, 2019

Art show coming soon!

Art has saved my life. Not like a painting has saved my life or a sketch, a story or a poem. But the process, the journey of art. My hands messy in paint has gotten me out of bed on days when the depression was too much. When the worries were too heavy. The waters too deep. Art has been a prayer. Been a song. Money from art has paid my rent. Has paid for my hotel room when I didn't have a place to call home. Has paid for food. For gas. For clothes. My brown fingers gripped tightly to a brush stroking up and down on a canvas has erased fear. Has parted the darkest of my mental clouds. Has settled my mind in ways only a moan from the bottom of my belly can tell. Please come and celebrate with me a showing and selling of my paintings on Saturday, August 24 from 12pm - 3pm at 28353 Willow Canyon Court, Santa Clarita, CA 91390. I hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment