Monday, July 22, 2019

Talk

Tell me about a dog tied up too long in a neighbor's yard
No food no water
Tell me about a kicked cat
A killed raccoon
Your blood already boiling

Tell me about a baby snatched from his mother's arms
A girl ripped from her father's legs
Tell me about human beings in cages
Drinking water from toilets
Sleeping on floors with no blankets

Tell me why cages are the only spaces in America where white bodies are not allowed
Let me see a white girl detained for hours at an airport
What does a white American know about barbed wires
About thirsty babies and kicked over water jugs
Tell me about the ways white folks are othered are illegals are aliens just based on skin
Tell me how humanity matters less when melanin kicks in

Tell me
Tell me
Tell me

I want to know
I want to know the stories they tell their children when they get home
How Mommy had a long day
See the scratch on Daddy's arm
A Mexican put up a fight
Said he was a citizen
Said he was born right here in L.A. in San Diego in Texas
You now how they lie
You know they are no good
You know they grow up to be gang members and drug dealers

You know
You know

Tell me
Tell me

Tell me how pro life you are
Tell me how many scriptures you know now
Tell me what your Jesus would do

Tell me about the whales
About the poor fish in the sea
About the bees
About the birds that are extinct
Fill up this bucket with your tears

Tell me about a dog tied up too long in a neighbor's yard
Tell me about a kicked cat
Tell me about your blood already boiling












No comments:

Post a Comment