Monday, July 29, 2019

Galaxy

My hair is not hair you run your run your fingers through
My hair is hair you plant your elbows
My body is not a body you visit
My body is a lake full of memories and other bodies
You might swim into flesh familiar
Play nice
You never know

Mine is not a name you shout and disturb the dew with your sound
It is a name you caress with your tongue barely touching your teeth
It is not a whisper
It is not a moan
My name is a holy swallow
A blessed drowning

My hand is not yours to hold at your ready
My hand is a calendar marking Mercury
I hang on to the moon with the tips of my nails
Start fires by rubbing my palms against the backs of my prayers

Come
Follow

There is a place I will take you before the sky is lurid
Before the sweet grass is damp
We can rest there
Sit by the water and stare there

I invite you to sleep easy on my thigh
And wake into a tomorrow possible only through my secrets
Hold on
I will show you
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment