Monday, September 16, 2019

Move. Remember. Down.

Call me a riot
Call me a war
But remember my name
The one I gave myself
The one with meaning

Maybe I will go down in your story as
Someone who was kind
I hope I was kind
I was not always kind
Neither were you always kind to me
Or good
Or loving
Or right

Call me a whisper
Call me a song
Did I move you
Did I ever inspire you to create
A poem
A painting
A meal
Something
I hope there was something

I hope you remember good times
I hope there were good times
Did you forgive me
How do you hold me now in your memory
I hope I was special enough
Enough
For you

(In class tonight the ten minute writing assignment was to write a poem using the words move, remember and down. I don't know how or why Hiram chose these words but I did work them into the poem. I am thankful that he taught the lesson tonight. I will teach next class and I think it will be on rhythm. No idea yet what the free write topic will be.)

No comments:

Post a Comment