Sunday, September 15, 2019

Page (17)

Page is sitting on the bus stop on Manchester. There is an older woman sitting next to her flipping through a magazine. It's a foggy day and Page is thinking about what she will talk to Elizabeth about. She pulls her journal out of her big purse and begins to write:

Been feeling those dark feelings again. Feelings I can't explain. Had another dream about Dad last night. Same one as before. I'm going to ask Mom about it. Was Dad like that? Like...that? Would he have ever...? No. I don't think so. But then why am I dreaming the same dream? With him in my room with a towel wrapped around him. Touch it? What did that mean? Did Rock know? I'm sick of the questions and dreams. Sick of it. I'm going to get some answers. I can't go on like this.

The woman on the bus stop with Page gets up and walks into the street and looks into the horizon for the bus as if that will make it come quicker. "Late today. Again. Either late or it's too early. Bus ain't never on time over here. You ok honey?"

No comments:

Post a Comment