Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Now what

Heard someone say I can't have it all
Something about how beggars can't be choosers
Well, baby, I ain't no beggar
Well, baby, I can choose all day
Teaching my son how to choose too
What about that

I can have as much as I want
Can have rent and gas money
Can have art supplies to paint these pictures
Money for new clothes
Money for food
For books and movies too

Can have a real good man holding my hand
While we walk
While we talk
While we eat and drink wine too
Can have my sister friends over
Laughing so free
Cooking up a storm
And talking trash too

I can have as much as I want
All the dues I paid
All this life that I done lived
Watch
Watch and see the way I get what I want
You can have what you want too
Just can't believe everything they say to you

No comments:

Post a Comment