Sunday, March 24, 2019

Pills

I have stopped measuring my life, good or bad, by the day / more by the hour / the minute / like this is a good second / and this one too / that way I have more thumbs up on my chart / because thumbs up and charts are good things

God's voice is fading inside my body / but I know it when I see it / in the wind / over the ocean / the smell of Jasmine

Do not send me a Bible verse to read / pray for yourselves / send me a lily / tell me you love me / sing me a song

I am not ashamed or afraid of the ugly in me / I am beautiful too / like a rose / like a river / like a cloud / like a book

I have gone to taking too many pills at night / one wasn't working / two didn't put me to sleep / three wouldn't stop the voices / four / five

Judge yourselves

I write to release the words clouding my head / poems get in the way / block my dreams / disturb my appetite / I have to let them out

What about you / what do you do when the voices come to you / what does God feel like on your tongue / what do you do / to live

No comments:

Post a Comment