Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Sweep

I will fill your empty pockets
I will sweep your attic clean
All those thoughts
Like a school of red fish blue fish
Swimming 'round your brain
I will slow the chatter in your head
I promise to be dangerous
You will want to leave
And I will let you go
Only prisoners I keep
Are secrets in my poems
The dust between my toes

And you will dream of me
You will remember the day
You dared someone to love me better
Better than you
Better than God
Better than all the gods

Someone has loved me since you've been gone
Someone ran his fingers through my hair
Counted each gray stand
Rubbed my belly while I slept
Prayed to the Moon above head
His Pices fingers
Between my Virgo legs

I still remember though
Remember your name
Way I used to say it nice and slow
I call for you in my sleep sometimes I admit
But we are better off than we were before
You over there with all your demons
Me right here
With what I have to do

I will paint your picture
Set it in my backyard
Let the squirrels watch it fade
I do not love you anymore
Will not wish you good long nights
Just want you to know
I grew from every way you refused to touch me
Way I wanted you way back then

I will write a song about your lips
Kisses I will never crave again
I do not miss you anymore
Just think of you from time to time

No comments:

Post a Comment