Friday, March 22, 2019

Serious

Busy as death
Serious as fucking
Weapon as shark as teeth as war
I am an army
You should believe me when I cry

Quiet as creek
Ripple as air
Steady as hand as star as rock
Do you hear me
Can you feel my drumming
How I rhythm for you

If you listen you know I been trying to tell you
Life got me down sometimes
I am science as magic
Still I can't get my groove
This ain't living

This hustle is murder
I am too old for this shit
Too fly for this giving

Why am I like this
Like this awkward
Like this freak
Like this down
Like this blues

You see this mask I wear
Gotta pretend to be sky when I am clay
But who believes a black woman can be in pain
All nappy headed and feet and hips and thighs
Girl you better get in that kitchen
Girl you better clean for your man
Girl you better act like you like it

Allow me to introduce myself

I am lonely as fire
Safe as math
I am run as slave
Can I get a break in this piece

Can I borrow a dollar
Can I kiss a prince
Can I live a life

No comments:

Post a Comment