Thursday, April 30, 2020

Peace come soon

I have to go to bed now. For many days in a row I was okay. One video threw me over the edge. And now I'm back at one. Maybe because it's the same video as before. Same song. Same investigation. Different badge number. Same fists punching. Same bystanders recording. Same jury. Same judge. Same Bible. Same right hand. Same swear. Same verdict. I am the same sad sucker hoping. Hoping maybe. Hoping this time. Same. Same. Same blood rushing through my veins so fast. Same trying to be still. Same wanting to believe. Same scared. Same hopelessness. Same knowing better. Same different day to fight again. To get dressed. And maybe eat. Maybe work. Maybe get paid if I am lucky. Same news again. Same bodies beaten. Missing. Dead. Mine. Mine. Everyday mine. Same body parts spread all up and down the street. Mine. Mine. Same jails. Same guards. Same sticks upside my head. Same. Same. I'm going to bed now. All this sleep I need. To face the same ole same tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment