Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Sunday Stories (15)

This will be quick and easy. The days and nights are running together. There is a dry erase board near my bed so I know the date and what's on the schedule for the day. Where all my list makers at?!
I am noticing that I have fewer and fewer check marks. But I am still moving. Sometimes I replace the essay I was going to write with sitting alone in the quiet. Or replace painting with tearing out pictures for a collage project. Point is, things I thought had to get done on certain days are finding new days.
I am happy about this chessboard schedule. It feels good to let go of the attachment of how things should go. It feels good to let go of should. Mine and everybody's. When I was a little girl we sang this song in the children's choir that went "I got six months to mind, to mind my own business, and six months to leave yours alone." That was kinda my jam.
That's how I've been living these days. Minding my business. Hour by hour. Creating as Spirit dictates. This new normal is a canvas. One I add the colors I choose. Places I go. What I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment