Monday, April 20, 2020

The journey continues

I just woke up from a crazy dream. A friend called me and told me that his religious group was having a thing at his place and it was also his birthday and he wanted to know if I would come over and get the place cleaned and spruced up a bit for the event. I agreed. He asked that I be sure to wrap my hair before coming into the house. I agreed. When I got there he greeted me with a smile but was a little distant. No biggie. I was just there to clean anyway. There were many people busy throughout the house. I had never been there before. He introduced me to his wives. I didn't know he had wives but whatever. While I was cleaning I heard screams from another room. I found my friend and asked him what was going on. He explained that on this day women had to have sex with groups of men and sometimes the women acted like they didn't want to. I was very afraid and told him I had to leave. He told me it wasn't time to go but to wait in his room. Against all my gut, I did. Later he came in the room to get me so I could get out of the house. He was sneaking me out. I asked if I was safe. He told me he thought so but to keep moving. A man stopped us and told me I couldn't leave yet. I had to wait in the room with the women. I was in room and the women were all afraid. I tried to comfort them but I was afraid too. I got out of the house, I don't remember how. I called my friend from a phone booth. He told me that booth wasn't safe and for me to go to another and to be very careful because I wasn't supposed to leave and they would be on the street looking for me. He told me to be cautious of women and men. I got to another phone booth and called him. I told him that I was very tired of running and I was very afraid and asked if he would come and get me. He told me that he couldn't and that I had gotten into this myself and had to get myself out of it. He kept talking but I hung up the phone. I called a friend but got her voicemail. I started walking and ended up at a friend's house. She asked me where I was coming from and I tried to explain to her what happened that day but I was too afraid. I told her I couldn't stay because I wouldn't be safe until I got home. I don't remember if I got home or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment