Sunday, April 19, 2020

What a gift!

A poem called Jaha by Maijoi

You are pure
Purest of truth
So real
Mother
Sister
Cool auntie
I’ve seen myself in your words
My life my pain, trauma and victories.
My depression
My mother’s too
My mother’s mania
Through you I see I can live and exist through it all
I hear you speak and it’s like telling some of my stories to me.
Your stories are so relatable and you tell them so beautifully.
You are beautiful
Wise
Wonderfully humble
I can’t believe I know you
You are why Maya is to Oprah
Or what Toni is for you but for me you are a treasured to the world.
Thank you for showing me you can be pure hearted wrapped in the shit of your past and still make it through day to day.
That the good and bad of our life experience creates who we are
You’ve showed me that you can really can write yourself free.
And that’s it’s ok to be different, to feel deeply.
To be everyone’s mother
Sister
Lover
To love our sons
Father
Brother
Thank you for seeing value in me and speaking into my life
You are pure light

No comments:

Post a Comment