Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Angel

Dear Angel

I don't know what it is like to have my freedom taken away from me
Especially at such a young age
But I know an oppressors hand over my mouth
Silencing me
Daring me to dream

I wish you so many dreams come true
Young sister
I wish for you a stage where you shout your poems beyond the reach of your enemies
I wish you music an dancing feet

Young Angel
You know by now that life is not fair
You had to learn too early how to fight to get yours
I see you, sis

For what it's worth, I'm sorry
For every time you had to raise a fist
For every you received hate instead of love

This message is for you
Carry it knowing that someone out there is holding you in prayer
Someone is wishing the best for you
Someone knows that you are worth fighting for

My love to you
Jaha

No comments:

Post a Comment