Thursday, December 6, 2018

Stage. Good night. Poetry high.

Thursday, December 6, 2018 12:12am. Los Angeles. Michelle's.

I got in about twenty minutes ago from The World Stage. Tonight, well technically last night, was one of those really good nights at The Stage. Yesterday was Nyasha's birthday and she was featured. She was amazing! She is such a master! As Peter said "This whatn't no regular poetry." Massa was there and sang some Spanish songs with a friend of his. I could go on forever. I'm on such a high right now. A good, natural, poetry high.

Oh, my mother and I went to see Widows Tuesday night. It was so good. It was a Steve McQueen film. Viola Davis was the star. We had a good time. I take any time I can get to bond with my mother.

Also some not good news, my aunt Bettye Davis passed away this week. I was just talking about her with Michelle and Uraeus. She and her children lived in Alaska so the funeral will be out there. Janice is going from our group but I don't know who else. She was really an awesome woman. She was the first black senator in Alaska. She was bold and brave and had this deep voice that I swear could shake walls. She will be missed by many. I interviewed her here in this blog years ago like in 2009. That was back when I was interviewing my family for my blog. I had some good conversations. It was through those conversations that I got closer with my aunt Valerie. I went all the way off my point which was that my aunt passed and she was incredible and will be greatly missed by many.

It's 12:30 now and I'm about to see if I can sleep. Have a good night.

Love yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment