Saturday, March 14, 2020

10 questions from Riverdia (1 answer)

As a writing project for myself, I asked a few people to send ten questions for me. The harder the better. Questions about me though. Not me telling someone else's business. Anyone can participate. If you would like to, please send ten questions to jahazainabu@gmail.com. These are ten questions from Riverdia. I have answered one. The other answers are coming.

1. Who or what in the world has inspired you to become 'woman'?
2. Regrets?
     to let go of
3. Regrets?
     to fix
4. What kind of conversations do Robin and Jaha have and are they about resolution solution forgiveness and love, or ~  what are they about?
5. Do you still believe in love?
6. If you could go back and tell / do to that pastor. (in freedom) whatever you want... what would that look like or sound like?
7. How... do you believe in you?
8. Who, having walked through LPV when it was 'teaming' with all the people that left their indelible mark, left the biggest impression / influence on you?
9. What would you tell yourself, now, that you could not have told yourself  20 years ago?
10. What will you no longer tolerate ?

5. Do you still believe in love?

I do. I believe in love. I am so thankful that I have so much love in my life. My son, friends and family. Love love though? Like romantic love? I believe in it. I was never lucky with that kind of love though. Never. That doesn't mean I never had it. I have loved men (I think) and men have loved me (I think). I've never been in a romantic relationship that lasted though. I mean, of course they lasted as long as they lasted. The longest relationship I was in lasted five years. And even that one was on again off again and when it was on I found out he was in relationships with other women at the same time...well...that's how that was.

I always entered relationships for the wrong reasons. I felt like guy was safe. Safe like I wouldn't get beaten, raped or abused in other ways. I was lonely and wanted to be with somebody. He was nice and by the time I found out nice wasn't enough I felt like I owed him more time. Reasons, reasons, reasons.

Thankfully I have outgrown all of my old reasons that led me to relationships. But, I'm not gonna say it's too late but I'm not as interested in being in a relationship anymore. Not a relationship relationship. A special friend maybe. One special friend. Who listens well and has good conversation. These days I value my space so much. Maybe too much. Like I said though, I believe in love just...I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to happen for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment