Sunday, March 22, 2020

today

today i am a shower / been two days since soap has touched this body / mama taught me better / i am a short walk to the corner market i have never visited / twenty-six dollars off my card / the african man behind the counter reminds me of an ex lover / i wonder how he is / i hope crack has not consumed his mind and body / i am still the sky / still fly / the man who sits all day on the bus stop tells me i am a beautiful woman and i give him a smile / offer him water / sometimes he declines / i am a prayer / the snake plant on my table / they tell me it grows well in the dark / i do too / i whisper / i do too / i am a mother always worried / worried about my son / about your children too / i am a dream / a kiss / a hold a good cry a masturbation session on top of the covers when i am alone / i am alone / i am the sword under my bed / the dollar bill between my mattress / the shiny penny at my front door / you don't want none of this / i promise / i am a quiet clap back / i am a war / the clock above my sink tick / tocking / reminding me to grow / to remember / to stay / i am a woman who needs a reminder to stay / i am a healer / a poet / bless the prophecy that falls from my mouth / this mouth is holy / this mouth is a weapon / is fire / is flicker / i am one foot in front of the other / until it is time to rest / i am rest / a nap / the deepest sleep / until it is time to rise / and fight / again

No comments:

Post a Comment