Thursday, March 19, 2020

isolation

maybe the lit candle by my bed will save me / maybe the preacher woman / black twitter / the activists in all the papers / the soup cooking / the tea / the moon / if i head into the great deep water / yemaya will guide me back to shore / maybe / maybe all i need is love / a good hand across my waist / a sweet kiss inside my thigh / my own lips on my own breasts in the darkest part of day / man on the news says not to shake hands / says not to send my babies back to school / boss says shop is closed until further notice / do you know how it is / i ain't no hero / are you / you live around here / you on the bus stop late at night / you know somebody can make a good way out / everybody / going all wild / standing in long lines / fighting over fish / over beans / toilet paper / rice and water / nobody on the roads / nobody to hear my woes / if a woman jumps off the overpass with no one there to witness / will she really burn in hell / auntie died / caint no one come to service / anybody have enough / enough money to cover rent or phone / enough ease between your ears / folks walking around all scared / of a cough / a touch / to look another man in the face / deacon ask do i believe / tell me god still in control / what about my brother / locked up underneath the jail / never hurt nobody bad / a little weed here and there / a gun in his backseat / they tell me keep going / say everything gon be alright / but don't nobody know / caint nobody see / not a minute past this day

No comments:

Post a Comment