Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Night

7:31pm. Home. We're still here. I'm better today but still fighting this cold. The oranges and soup I've been eating have been a big help. Plus the tea with lemons. I'm still being creative. Zayikah died. Did I mention that? About four days ago. I knew her more than twenty-five years. She was a friend, confidant and counselor. I found out about her passing on Facebook and that hurt. We spoke last around November and I saw her last year when I helped her pack up her place to move to a new apartment. She and her daughter lived together. I got a new phone and lost her daughter's number. I reached out to a mutual friend to get it but she hasn't responded. I am hurting but I am also wishing Zayikah peace on her journey on the other side. I am wishing love to her children and grandchildren. I know that my relationship with Zayikah has not ended, just changed. Losing someone in the physical form during this time is very painful. There is no funeral. No gathering. Just this empty space. I will heal. I am okay. I found out this morning that a client that I had passed away yesterday. She and her family moved back east. So much death. I am at peace right now though. How are you? Are you taking care of yourself? Are you at peace? Are you exercising a little? Eating ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment