Wednesday, September 23, 2020

My little friend

Tonight, just when my spirit needed a pick me up, I walked into my building and saw my little friend.
Friend: Hey Friend! (He ran to me and gave me a hug)
Me: Hey Friend! (I sat my things down on the table in the lobby and spoke to his mother then turned to him)
Friend: Friend, I been thinkin' about you.
Me: I been thinkin' about you too.
Friend: What's this?
Me: A painting I made.
Friend: Did somebody help you?
Me: No, I did it all by myself.
Friend: What's this right here?
Me: That's the sun.
Friend: Friend, a sun don't look like that. A sun is a circle with thorns.
Me: Not mine though. My sun looks like that.
Friend: Ok.
Me: I'm gonna bring my drum down again in the daytime so you can hit it ok?
Friend: Ok, but next time bring some sticks.
Me: You don't play my drum with sticks. You hit it nicely with your fingers.
Friend: Friend, let me show you. (He walked around to my side of the table) A drum have a place where you do your foot like this and then you have two sticks and you hit it hard.
Me: That's not the kind of drum I have.
Friend: Ok, Friend. Ok.
This story is going nowhere except my whole day is brighter when I see this little boy. And I full on believe him when he says he misses me and is thinking about me. My heart.
#jahasfriend

No comments:

Post a Comment