Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Post from yesterday

Today I am slow. I'm not sick. I'm not depressed. I'm not sad or any of that. Just slow. I had to get up and out very early this morning and on my drive home I made a mental list of everything I wanted to get done today. I did not get those things done. When I got home I was tired and took a nap. A good one. One thing I had to grow to accept and give myself permission to do was be slow or still when I needed to when I was / am well. I easily give myself a pass when I am down but when I'm well my self chatter goes into AIN'T NOTHIN' WRONG WITH YOU. IT'S NOON AND YOU STILL IN BED. THE LAUNDRY, THE PAINTINGS, POST OFFICE RUNS, EDITING, PROMOTING, WRITING...AIN'T GON DO ITSELF. Somewhere along my journey I got the message that I have to be sick to earn rest. I know this is just me. Y'all don't think like this, I know. Today I took the rest. I have to remind myself that the rest is what keeps me from being sick sometimes. The daily naps are the echinacea to prevent the down cycles. I woke up from my nap at 12:10pm like bet, I have all the energy in the world for laundry now. Hopefully I'll get some art posted and painted. Hopefully the editing will get done. And all the rest. Where I got this guilty resting from I do not know but whoever gave it to me can have it back. I hope y'all are well today. I hope you are taking care of yourselves and loving your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment