Friday, October 19, 2018

Camari. Moving. Good things.

Friday, October 19, 2018  9:31pm Los Angeles. Home.

I hope you're all well. I am doing well. I had a meeting with Camari this morning. Camari is an amazing amazing young woman who agreed to work as my personal assistant. She is super talented and I would be a total crazy person to turn down such an offer. I don't pay her much money but I give her some. I am super thankful to have her in my life. Thanks to her I don't have to get a public storage for my books. She has found some place to store them for me.  God is good. So is Camari. That's the only thing I really needed storage for, everything else (except the microwave) I'm going to get rid of. I tried to sell my couch that lets out into a really comfortable bed for $50 and someone offered me $10. What did I say to that? Come get it. Hopefully he really will get it because otherwise it will end up on the street for the dogs to pee on. And how the hell is it going to get to the street? It's way to heavy for Uraues and me to carry it down the stairs. Ooops, I should have mentioned that the couch weighs a million pounds and I live upstairs. Oh well.

I'm getting a little excited about this move for some reason. I guess because it's new and different. I talked to the owner of the building and I told him I would be out by Friday. I can do it. Being out of the place is not my biggest challenge. Finding a place by then is. But we will be somewhere safe. And clean. And in the will of God. Somewhere.

I didn't work today because I rarely work on Fridays. I have meetings or do some work from home or paint or push my book sales on Fridays. Today I had an incredibly productive meeting with Camari. I don't want to talk about what we talked about just yet because it's not time but good things are coming. Good things.

Oh I have a bit of bad news. Ok it's not bad news bad news, it's just bad news. I lost my corkscrew opener and so I bought the super cheap one form the liquor store because. Broke. and the damned thing is stuck in the cork and I can't get it out or open the bottle of wine. So there is this full bottle of really good wine staring at me from the table and I can't drink it. Is that a sign? Michelle, if you're reading this it's the bottle you gave me for my birthday along with the poems. I was gonna read the poems with the wine. Now I'll just read the poems with water. I'm so privileged. I really am you know. I forget sometimes but I am and I forget to check my privilege.

Uraeus is out working right now. I can't really sleep while he is out. Not that I'm sleepy anyway but even if I was sleepy I couldn't sleep. When he's out I'm up. Praying. That's who I am.

I'm going to start packing tomorrow. I've been looking around long enough but after my meeting today with Camari I have some good direction. She even gave me some bins to put my books in. I'll load my books tomorrow so that I can deliver them to where they are going on Monday. V is taking two of my bookcases and I think I can sell or give the others away. They are good bookcases. I'm just happy I get to keep my books. I was tired of starting my book collection all over every time I moved. Oh, V is also going to hold on to the rug I have. I absolutely love my rug. A poet I know named Peggy gave it to me. It's big and reddish and soft. I love it. V will hold it for me. Hopefully she will use it while she has it. It's a rug to be used. What else? What else? What else? I think that's it for tonight. I hope you all rest well.

Love yourselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment