Sunday, October 21, 2018

Packing intention. Client dying. Moving where?

Sunday, October 21, 2018 12:32am Los Angeles. Home.

So it was my intention to start packing yesterday but I didn't. Packing just makes things real. That make sense? Well I didn't pack. Last night though I went to a poetry spot at a cigar lounge and I had a great time. Kooki was the feature and Iyesha was the host. A good time was had by all. Especially me. But now I'm back to my real life and I gotta get it together.

My client's son sent me a message last night telling me that nurse said that my client has started the process of dying. Dying is serious business, y'all. Her body is shutting down. They didn't expect her to be here yesterday but she's still standing. Well, not standing but here. The last time I saw her I knew it would be the last time I would see her. I have a knack for knowing such things. It's a curse. I knew with my grandfather too. In her son's message he said that he would see me Tuesday meaning for my regular work shift but I just don't think so. I'm praying for the family and for her and I hope her transition is easy and that the family is strong. Not strong like no tears because she's Mama and there will be tears, but strong like knowing that she is not suffering anymore and able to find some comfort in that. They will grieve because that's what's normal and healthy. But I pray that their process is smooth. As smooth as it can be. This is not easy. You know what I mean.

Meanwhile, I still don't know where I'm going to live or how I'm going to pay for it when I get there but I know I'll be all right. I'm holding on to that so tightly.

Another client called me last night to see if I could work tomorrow (today) at noon. I accepted and am looking forward to working with this client. She's my favorite. And the money will be right on time.

Wish me well. I'm loving you.

Love yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment