Tuesday, October 16, 2018

CLI. Moving where? Labs.

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 12:05am Los Angeles. Home.

It's just after midnight and I got in about an hour ago. I went to CLI tonight. For the first time in about five years I'm not teaching a class there, instead I'm the assistant to the fiction teacher. He offered me the fiction class but I didn't want to teach it this year. The only class I wanted to teach was the class for the graduates but that class isn't being offered. I'm cool because I was going back and forth about teaching this year anyway. But being an assistant works out perfectly because Penelope Lowder is the instructor and I would pay good money to be in a class that she leads. And now I get to for free and be her assistant. Win win for me. After I left USC I went to hear some live music in Leimert Park. It was really good. They had some African drummers and dancers tonight in addition to the other acts. I had a good time. Uraeus was here when I got here and he said that he had a good night as well. Good things.

Still trying to figure out where we are moving to but not letting it worry me too much. I saw some rooms for rent so I may just set Uraeus up somewhere where he will be comfortable in a decent neighborhood. I'll be ok. All of this is happening so quickly. Somehow I'm pretty good though. As long as Uraeus is good, I'm good. And he's good. He is enjoying his job and I'm glad about that.

I have to get up early this morning (because it's already tomorrow) and go get some labs done at the mental health center where I go. I'm on lithium and they have to do labs to make sure the meds aren't messing my kidneys up. So far so good. My diet hasn't been the best though. Mostly it's the sugar I drink. I've been drinking root beer and when I drink alcohol I drink red wine which has a lot of sugar so that's not great. And I haven't been exercising like I should be. So that's not great either. The only thing I see myself changing in the near future is giving up the root beer (it's so good though and goes so perfectly with grilled cheese. Don't judge me.) I cant' say I'm about to stop drinking. There's a bottle of Merlot on my table right now which will probably be opened tomorrow. Whatever. It makes me feel good.

I believe I'll do some writing before I go to bed. We studied Jamaica Kincaid tonight in class. She is so dope. We studied her poem call Girl. Her rhythm is everything. That poem reminds me of a poem I want to write for Uraeus. In my head it's called Dear Son. But who knows what it will be called when it's finally written.

I'm good but I'm praying for my friend Karyn Carlo and her husband Roberto. He is in the hospital with severe abdominal pain. Please, if you're a praying person and believe in the power of prayer, please send up a word. They are such a lovely and powerful couple. I'm praying for above all that God's will be done in their lives and that Roberto is healed. That he is comforted. That they will both be able to sleep through the night. That Karyn's nerves are settled. That they know how much they are loved. I know God heals. I know God can. I believe God will.

So that's mostly what's up with me. Praying for a place for Uraeus and me, praying for friends, praying for money. Money is so funny. It keeps coming and going so fast. Rent, gas, food. Rent, gas, food. Rent, gas, food. Rentgasfood. Just like that. I still haven't gotten my breaks fixed and I need to ASAP! Also need to get an oil change. Soon come. Soon come. Gonna get over this hump and be all right. I believe that.

So send your prayers up for me too. I hope you're well and taking care of yourselves.

Love yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment