Saturday, October 27, 2018

Ntozake Shange. Feature. Old home.

Saturday, October 27, 2018 6:19pm Los Angeles. Home.

One of my favorite writers died today, Ntozake Shange! I love her work. If you don't know her name you probably remember her play For Colored Girls who have considered Suicide when the rainbow is enuf. From what I read she died in her sleep. Bless her. I didn't want to start my entry off with that but I just saw it on Facebook then Googled it hoping it wasn't true. It's true. Ntozake will live forever.

In other poetry news I had my feature today at the Encino-Tarzana library today and I think it went well. There was a nice crowd and the open mic was great. There was also a good presence from The World Stage. It was good to see Pam Ward since I don't get to see her much.

Right now I'm taking a break from loading the car with my stuff. I live upstairs and park in the back of the building. Going up and down those stairs is no joke. My back starts to hurt quickly so I take a small break after each load. I know that's a lot of breaks but you don't know my back!

It's setting in on me that I don't live here anymore but I keep calling this place home. Well hell, until I give him the keys on Monday I do live here and it is home. It's also setting in on me that God is going to continually watch over us. I'm counting all the blessings as joy. My car was in Long Beach last night because I had the Uhaul truck so I couldn't load the car. My friend who lives a few blocks away called me and asked if she could hire me to watch her young daughter while she went out. I agreed because. Every penny counts. That put a full tank of gas in my car. Then Pam gave me a note with some money in it today at the reading and I bought food. And Michelle gave me a bottle of wine today and that is totally God watching out for me because. God knows. I have enough for the next moment. I will keep that prayer and know that I will always have enough for the next moment.

Well, my break is over until the next load. If I sit too long I will call it a night and I'm nowhere near ready to do that. I hope you all have a great day.

Love yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment