Friday, October 26, 2018

Doctor. Case worker. Public Storage.

I saw my doctor today. As it turns out I wasn't slick in going to get my labs the day before my appointment because they have to be sent out and returned. He said it takes about five days for him to get them back. Well, we will discuss them on my next appointment next month. I told him about my moving situation and he, like I knew he would, suggested I see my case worker. I did. The doctor seemed really concerned which was a little surprising to me. He seems so distant. Not just him, I'm distant with him too. I need to change that. A part of me keeps hoping I'll wake up from this dream and my old doctor will be there again. I miss her.

I saw my case worker but he was busy and couldn't sit down with me as long as he wanted. He told me about some shared living space but I'm not that interested in living with people I don't know from the mental health center. I know how bad that sounds. I really really really do. But still. And because Uraeus is twenty years old he didn't think he could come with me. Nope. I'm interested in finding Uraeus a place and helping him pay for it until he can handle it on his own. I'll be ok. The perfect and divine right spot is out there for him. I know it is.

I just took a break from packing. Uraeus and I went to the Public Storage and dropped off the bookcases I want to keep. I will take the truck back tomorrow. Having the truck made things a lot easier. Now I'm surrounded by piles and piles of books and bags of clothes and art from the walls. Mostly books and clothes though. Just before I sat down to type this entry I was packing the clothes from my closet. My back hurts after too much time standing up. That's from years of lifting my clients. And lifting the wrong way. It's only 7:21 I'll pack some more bags before I go to sleep. Uraeus doesn't think we have that much stuff but once we start going up and down the stairs tomorrow back to back I believe he will change his mind. Or maybe he was saying that he didn't have that much stuff like we are only moving our own things. Nope. This is our rug, our tv. He's not like that anyway. He's always down to help. I love him. He's my favorite human.

In other news, I told you my mother was buying a house right? I'm moving in with her. My aunt is too. Uraeus doesn't want to. He wants his own place. I don't blame him. We won't be ready to move in until late next year anyway so I'm carrying on business as usual but I'm excited about each new step with the house. As long as my mother and Uraeus are happy, I'm happy too.

I believe I'll get back to packing. I hope you all had a good day today. It was lovely here in Los Angeles.

Love yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment