Monday, October 22, 2018

Packing progress. CLI. Pressing on.

Monday, October 22, 2018 10:59pm Los Angeles. Home.

Tonight was a good night. Today was a good day too but tonight was better. I spent the day packing and that wasn't fun but I did feel like I was getting some work in. I made quite a dent too. Tomorrow Uraeus and I are going to go and get a storage for our things that we want to keep. Mostly it's our clothes, my books and bookcases, microwave, art, stuff like that. I took most of the stuff off of the walls today. I'll do the rest tomorrow as well as empty the bookcases. I gave two of the bookcases to V so we will deliver those tomorrow. I have an early doctors appointment tomorrow. I've been avoiding this appointment for a month now. What am I avoiding? I don't know. It's just lab work. Nothing scary. I just don't want to do it. But I will get up in the morning, if I'm blessed enough to get up in the morning, and carry my self down there.

Tonight was CLI night at USC. Class was great. Penelope is an amazing instructor. I am so honored to be her assistant. She doesn't like the term assistant. She calls me the co teacher but I know my lane. I taught that class for four years and now I am happy to be the assistant. After CLI I went down to Leimert Park to hear some live music and poetry. It was good. Really good. It was packed! I saw Brother Solomon there tonight too. That was a blessing. George was there and we had some good laughs also Nspire and Bridgette and Jessica. I can't name everyone there but it was dope. And free. And the food is good. The food is kinda pricey though. But there is no cover at the door and the vibe is great. I had popcorn. Best popcorn I ever had too. It tasted like chicken! I swear it did!

And so how am I really? Like for real on the inside? Well I'm pressing on but I'm a little scared. Just a little. I am still trusting but it's still a little scary. That's how I am. Then I look at my son and I know I have to keep going for him.

My client's son just sent me the information for the funeral service for his mother. I don't know if I'll go. I might but...I don't know. That's going to be a big funeral I know. She knew everyone at the church and everyone knew her. My mother said she wants to go though. We'll see.

I'm going to turn in tonight. I'm not going to take my meds because they make me sleepy and I don't want to talk myself into not going to my appointment in the morning.

Be good to each other.

Love yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment