Friday, August 3, 2018

Home. Off tomorrow. Fucking rent.

11:49pm. Los Angeles. Home. So glad to be home. My client was especially antsy tonight. Glad I don't have to work tomorrow. I have a lot of stuff to catch up on. I hope I get it done. I've been so sleepy in the daytime lately. Maybe I should only be taking half of the sleeping pill I take. Dammit! My computer is doing wonky stuff. I keep getting kicked off of this page. Anyway...

So I didn't talk to Hiram about not teaching for next year. I think I'm going to do it. It does take a lot out of me and ten months is a big commitment but the way I look at it is that I'm going to have to do something else anyway. Maybe I should stick with what I'm good at and what I know. Maybe I'll feel differently later on, I mean, I felt different last night so who knows? I should at least have a conversation with Hiram to let him know how I'm feeling.

Fucking rent is due again. God bless me. Like please. I work so hard and I'm so tired of hustling for the rent every month. And if not every month at least every other month. It will come though. It keeps coming.

I'm tired and I need a shower. Well, a shower is not going to happen tonight. But I just took my pills so that good good sleep is on its way. Hopefully I'll dream about some new poems. I leave for Texas next month and I haven't written anything for the show yet. I will though. I will. I am so looking forward to going. I love being with my WomanPreach sisters. Just found out today that Carla is going! Yay!!!!! We are usually roommates when she goes and she is mad funny and wise and an all around blessing to be around. And I'll get to see Valerie. I always love seeing her. One day when (ok if) I win the lottery I'm going to give some cash to WomanPreach. That is such a powerful organization and has made me a better woman, person, thinker. I am honored to be connected to such an amazing social justice organization.

Ok, let me start heading off to sleep. Love y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment